Friday, January 18, 2013

Crandall/Anthropology Homework

2) How have the ideas you personally believe to be true come into your mind, your head? Are your own ideas susceptible to change?
As stated in the text, most of the ideas found within someone’s mind are not of their own origin. Most of the things we hear and believe are heard from somewhere else, studied over, and then repeated by us. I believe this applies to me as well. All my life I have had ...others of more experience that I have admired and listened to-teachers, parents, friends, and family. I’ve gone to school for 12 years now and tried to learn other skills outside of an academic setting for just as long, if not longer. My ideas are most definitely susceptible to change. Every day, I learn more and gain more experience. Especially now that I’m attending such a diverse university, I meet new people who have brought their own background and knowledge and are willing to share these fairly intimate parts of who they are. I go to school and church, meet with friends and constantly think “wow, I’ve never thought of it like that before now.” This is something that is helping me evolve and become perfected.
 
 
 
I might actually want to do this for my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment